Saturday, August 30, 2008

Etude House Magic BB Cream SPF 30 PA++ Review

My favorite BB Cream thus far. *Disclaimer: The following are solely based upon my experience with this BB Cream. I'm not promoting it, nor am I promoting that Globe1 phone card lol. It was the closest thing lying around.



Here's to give you an idea of the actual size. 1st is next to an average phone card. 2nd in the palm of my hand. At first I just did the hand one, but then I thought maybe they'll think my hand is huge lol so I grabbed something closest to me.


Active Ingredients according to the box.

It claims "BB Magic Cream offers natural looking coverage that nourishes, corrects skin complexion and protects against sun damage." It's 35ml with a sanitary pump. 1 full pump is sufficient for a layer over my entire face. Used everyday, this would probably last me around 2-3 months?

Why I like this:

  • It feels very light.
  • Not greasy.
  • Spreads easy.
  • Doesn't make your face look white-even with flash.
  • It has a yellow undertone-works well for someone using Medium Beige in Bare Escentuals.**
  • Gives a dewy *not oily* look. Looks natural, but better ;)
  • Claims to protect against UVA-UVB damage-if I plan on staying out in the sun, I'd still use another product with SPF.
  • Decently controls oil-Maybe use one blotting sheet the whole day. For reference I have somewhat oily acne-prone skin.
  • Doesn't melt. Works great in hot, humid weather-which is everyday here.
  • Didn't break me out, actually "calmed" my skin after a mishap with Ly-na pearl cream =(.
  • Pretty affordable at less than 20USD.

Why I'm still open to finding something else.

  • The coverage is pretty sheer-would not recommend this for someone looking for medium- heavy coverage.
  • I don't find the coverage to be all that "buildable".
  • It's not readily found in my area. I had to CP this from Korea.
  • If I use one layer of this plus a layer of mineral foundation for that extra coverage=really cakey.

Even though this product definitely offers "natural looking coverage" and calmed my skin, it's somewhat difficult to get it shipped here. If this was readily available then Yes, I would definitely repurchase. However, it's not. So I will continue my hunt.

**Even though BB Creams claim to be able to match any skin tone, after trying a couple of different brands I don't find this to be true at all. Some either really don't match or it takes hours to finally "blend" into my skin--or maybe it just got wiped off? lol.